History
 

OCI Nitrogen has its origin in the Dutch chemicals company DSM. Until we were acquired by Orascom Construction Industries in June 2010, our ammonia, melamine, and fertilizer activities formed part of this multinational.

 

An outline of our history:

 

1927 1993
​Stikstofbindingsbedrijf (SBB) commences the construction of a fertilizer plant in Geleen ​New production unit CAN plant in Geleen
1930
1998
Production of ammonia from gas, supply of ammonium sulphate (60t per day)​ ​Start-up Urea plant
1932
2004
Nitric Acid and CAN plants operational Start up fourth melamine plant​
1940 ​2005
​First production NP and NPK fertilizers Two production sites for fertilizers, 475 employees, 2,5 million tons product​
1956 2010
​Start of urea production ​Nitric acid factory relocated from IJmuiden to Geleen
1964 2010 
​DSM builds first melamine factory ​Sale of DSM Agro and DSM Melamine to Orascom Construction Industries. 
The merged organisation continues as “OCI Nitrogen”
1972 2010
​Union of Fertilizer Factories (UKF) set up ​Purchase of MicroChemie ammonia terminal in Rotterdam. 
The terminal now operates as “OCI Terminal Europort”.
1975 2012
​4000 employees make 4 million tons product ​Innovative barge loading facility at the harbour in Stein, developed in collaboration with Wessem Port Services BV
1986 2013
​After sale of Shell stocks in 1979, the company completely dissolves in DSM Meststoffen, Eventually DSM Meststoffen becomes DSM Agro. ​OCI Nitrogen wins the VNCI Responsible Care price for an innovative bulk cooler
​1992 ​2014
​Melamine factory relocated from Geleen to Indonesia ​New CEO, Gert Jan de Geus​
​2015
​Opening OCI Terminal Stein for loading liquid fertilizer (UAN) and ammonia
  

 

 

 

 

 
 
 
© 2012 OCI Nitrogen
Legal & Privacy statement  |  Cookie policy